If you're redeeming an Amazon reward as an in-app rewards option after May 9, 2022:
On May 9, 2022, Amazon was able to introduce a direct integration between your Amazon account and the Paceline app. That way, once you claim your Amazon reward, you can add your $1.00 credit directly to your Amazon account without the need to copy and paste any codes! If this is your first time claiming an Amazon reward after May 9, 2022, you will likely see a screen similar to the example below:
Once you tap on the "CLAIM BY <date>" button, you will see a prompt to log in with Amazon and connect your Amazon account to your Paceline account. This connection will allow you to seamlessly send your $1.00 credit to your Amazon account:
If you're attempting to connect an Amazon account that is currently in use by another Paceline user, you will see the following error message occur:
For security reasons, please note that only one Amazon account can be linked to each Paceline account at a time. If you share an Amazon account with another Paceline user (like a spouse or family member, for example), fortunately, you can create a new, separate Amazon account for free and add it to your shared Amazon account via Amazon Household.
Once you've connected a unique Amazon account to your Paceline account, you will see a confirmation of which account you're about to send your reward to. Assuming everything looks correct, tap on the "Confirm" button to receive your $1.00 credit to the Amazon account that you've connected. Otherwise, if you wish to redeem your $1.00 credit to a different Amazon account, tap on "Redeem to another account":
If you wish to unlink your connected Amazon account for any reason, you can do so by tapping on the Profile section of the Paceline app, then tapping on Amazon Account:
From there, tap on the blue Hyperlink icon on the right side of the screen, and press the "Unlink" button:
Once your Amazon account has been successfully unlinked from your Paceline profile, you should see the following screen:
If you're redeeming an Amazon reward that you've claimed before May 9, 2022, or as a referral reward:
Once you claim your Amazon gift card reward, you will be provided with an 8-digit Security Code (similar to the screenshot below):
To receive your gift card claim code (the one you apply to your Amazon account), please either follow along with the attached video example at the bottom of the article ("Amazon_New_Redemption_Instructions.mp4") or follow the steps below:
- On the "Amazon.com Gift Card" reward screen, tap on the "Amazon Website" button to sign in to your Amazon account on your mobile device. Once you're signed in, please return to the "Amazon.com Gift Card" reward screen.
- Tap on the blue "Redeem Reward" button on the Amazon reward page in the Paceline app to open your security code activation screen.
- Enter the 8-digit security code you were provided with and tap on the yellow Activate button.
- Once activated, a 14-digit Amazon gift card claim code will be generated which you can then apply directly to your Amazon account. Please be aware that this code is not automatically applied to your Amazon account. You would need to copy that claim code, and manually add it to your Amazon gift card balance.
- Please note: the Security Code above is not the rewards Claim Code used at checkout. Please only use the Claim Code provided on the following landing page.
Unfortunately, because we're relying on other parties to handle the issuance and activation of your gift card reward, you may run into one of the following error screens during this aforementioned redemption process:
If you run into an error when attempting to activate your Security Code, we would recommend trying to open the link :
- on a different device (e.g. a computer instead of your phone),
- on a different web browser (e.g. Chrome instead of Safari), or
- in an incognito browser
If these suggestions don't resolve the issue, or you run into this same issue in the future, you can also contact the customer support team for our gift card partner directly (Tango). Tango handles the distribution of all of our gift card rewards in the Paceline app, and they can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We apologize for the inconvenience and have passed this concern on to Amazon!