On December 6th, 2021, Amazon had required our gift card partner (Tango) to make an update to the reward claim process. If you've claimed an Amazon reward in the Paceline app prior to December 6th, you may have seen within the claim instructions of the Amazon reward, there is now an extra step to claim the Amazon gift card compared to before. Once you claim your Amazon gift card reward, you will be provided with an 8-digit Security Code (similar to the screenshot below):
In order to receive your gift card claim code (the one you apply to your Amazon account), please either follow along with the attached video example at the bottom of the article ("Amazon_New_Redemption_Instructions.mp4") or follow the steps below:
- On the "Amazon.com Gift Card" reward screen, tap on the "Amazon Website" button to sign in to your Amazon account on your mobile device. Once you're signed in, please return to the "Amazon.com Gift Card" reward screen.
- Tap on the blue "Redeem Reward" button on the Amazon reward page in the Paceline app to open your security code activation screen.
- Enter the 8-digit security code you were provided with and tap on the yellow Activate button.
- Once activated, a 14-digit Amazon gift card claim code will be generated which you can then apply directly to your Amazon account. Please be aware that this code is not automatically applied to your Amazon account. You would need to copy that claim code, and manually add it to your Amazon gift card balance.
- Please note: the Security Code above is not the rewards Claim Code used at checkout. Please only use the Claim Code provided on the following landing page.
Unfortunately, because we're relying on other parties to handle the issuance and activation of your gift card reward, you may run into one of the following error screens during this aforementioned redemption process:
If you run into an error when attempting to activate your Security Code, we would recommend trying to open the link :
- on a different device (e.g. a computer instead of your phone),
- on a different web browser (e.g. Chrome instead of Safari), or
- in an incognito browser
If these suggestions don't resolve the issue, or you run into this same issue in the future, you can also contact the customer support team for our gift card partner directly (Tango). Tango handles the distribution of all of our gift card rewards in the Paceline app, and they can be reached via email at email@example.com.
We apologize for the inconvenience and have passed this concern on to Amazon!